Seasickness is always as a result of the motion reaction in our bodies. Although motion sickness can cause your sea travel a nightmare, there also exist illnesses that are as a result of contaminated water and food that may lead to diarrhea. But to avoid such a situation, most cruise ship owners have identified some reliable dining locations for a sea traveler. They give travelers a better option of dining out to avoid motion reaction sicknesses. Also, eating hot served meals while dining out is safer compared to the vendors' dishes. But you should ensure whatever kind of meal, whether seafood or meat should be served hot. Moreover, some people choose to remain hungry to avoid seasickness, but the fact remains that you should not stay empty stomach while traveling and also not eat excess food.
With different kinds of food in the market, most people have certain beverage or food that they crave for, but if they are at room temperature, as a sea traveler, you should avoid it as much as possible. For a better experience in sea travels, explore transatlantic cruises since cruise ships tend to be the best option for sea travels depending on the cruises policy. Most cruise owners have found out that their travelers have all the reasons to explore the food offered on the cruise until they arrive at their destination.
What drinks are considered safe?
- Hot tea, water, and soup are safe while traveling as it helps to keep you awake and also most seawater travels are tap water thus not safe for drinking as it may cause diarrhea.
- Undiluted orange juice. The temperature in cruises tends to make all foods and drinks get contaminated. And since most cruise policy does not allow the usage of tap water, you should have packed water to mix it with the undiluted juice to avoid stomach problems.
- Bottle non-carbonated water is essential for any travel as some people react to any water and to prevent a medical emergency; non-carbonated water is favorable to any personal health as they are usually pasteurized in bulk even though they do not have spoilage protection.
- Bottle carbonated beverages like beer, mineral water, and soft drinks are also acceptable. Carbonated drinks tend to have protection against spoilage, that means you can take some and still keep the remaining amount.
What drinks to avoid
- Tap water and ice are the primary type of drinks to avoid as they may be contaminated. You should not use it even for brushing your teeth as they are not safe. More so, ice may be contaminated due to the temperature at the sea level, thus not fit for your health.
- Milk and dairy products from unknown sources are harmful to sea travel that is why non-carbonated products and carbonated products are preferable above. Milk can be non-carbonated hence safe for sea travel.
From the article above, cooked food and drinks are essential for sea travels. If you are purchasing beverage or food from a vendor, you should have seen it boiling at least five minutes before being served. All these drinks are to maintain a healthy sea travel experience.